More than a decade in the making, the world's favourite real-time strategy game is finally returning. The original is still played by millions but this sequel makes the whole experience accessible and relevant to a whole new generation of players.
Control an army of vehicles, spaceships and soldiers
Fight the environment and the enemy in this deadly map
|Battlegrounds range from deep space to verdant planets
|Can you keep your cool as hundreds of enemies attack?
Once again you can choose to play as one of three races - the Terrans, Protoss and Zerg - as you're given complete control of their armies and their wildly different attack units and buildings. A new non-linear storyline featuring the human Terrans (expansion packs will cover the other two races) teaches the ropes and adds to the series' mythos with stunning new cut scenes.
It is online that the game really comes alive though, with ranked matches that instantly connect you to a player of the same skill level. Whichever way you play though the game combines all the action and immediacy of an action game with the complex strategy that has made the previous game such a legend.
About the Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- Really strategic: Sequel to the most popular real-time strategy game ever, with incredible new graphics featuring hundreds of units fighting together onscreen.
- Expect the unexpected: No two story missions are ever the same as you battle everything from deadly lava flows to enemies that only attack at night.
- World of StarCraft: The most feature packed multiplayer ever with a unique ladder system for ranked games, plus detailed matchmaking options, replay features and more.
- Balance of power: Control a perfectly balanced mix of units, including brand new weapons of war and old favourites with enhanced abilities.
- Do it yourself: New editing tool allows you to make your own custom maps and modifications, with a legion of fans ready to create their own flood of unique content.
Although they originally made console games, this Californian studio is best known for PC blockbusters WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo and the massively multiplayer online World of WarCraft. In 2008 they merged with Activision to become the biggest third party games publisher in the world.