The call of duty needs answering once again, as the blockbusting first person shooter series returns to the modern day. A direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, you now play new character Sgt Gary "Roach" Sanderson. Your commander is "Soap" from the first game as you join a multinational anti-terrorist squad out to stop Russian ultra nationalists.
Watch your squad grow from inexperienced rookies to veteran warriors
|A snowmobile race is just one of the new vehicle sections
|Modern Warfare 2 is a direct sequel to Call of Duty 4
|You'll journey all around the world in the fight against terrorism
The story mode features an even more varied series of locales than before, including a snowbound mission that starts with a daredevil mountain climb and ends with a high speed snowmobile chase as you make your escape. With other levels set in Afghanistan, Rio de Janeiro and even underwater this has more action than a dozen Hollywood blockbusters.
But that's just the single player mode - the multiplayer is even more ground-breaking than before, with new co-op options and even more rewards and perks for competitive play.
About the Developer: Infinity Ward
- Call of Warfare - Stunning cinematic action, including new underwater missions, new gadgets such as the motion detector and new vehicles including snowmobiles and more.
- Rough guide - Massive globe-spanning adventure sees you travelling to the deserts of Afghanistan, the slums of Rio de Janerio and the wilderness of Russia.
- Bigger world - New larger levels allow you to tackle missions however you want: will you try a frontal assault or a more stealthy approach from another angle?
- Special co-op - New Special Ops mode will introduce two player co-operative play for the first time, in a series of non-story missions.
- Be the best - Competitive multiplayer is even bigger and better than before, with new kill streak rewards that unlock everything from supply drops to a AC-130 gunship attack.
After working on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault for EA, Infinity Ward's first game as their own company was fellow World War II title Call of Duty. Since then the California company has never had time to do anything else, as the ongoing series has become one of the best-selling of all time.